Yeti Roadie 20 Cooler Review-Now Yeti Tundra
Finding the best personal cooler for your individual lifestyle is extremely important if you are an avid outdoorsman. Like most adventuresome people, you probably want a sturdy durable cooler that you will not have to worry about letting you down just when you need it most. A personal cooler that will stand the test of time and the test of intense abuse is worth every penny in your book. We all know that the best and most popular coolers are now made with a roto-molded design and a helping of generous insulation throughout the walls and lids. They are made to be rugged beyond comprehension. Tested with extreme measures, these coolers have been proven to be almost completely indestructible. In this article, we will review one such cooler; the Yeti Roadie 20 Personal Cooler.
The Yeti Roadie is, without a doubt, one of the best performing personal coolers you will have the good fortune to own. Now that the Roadie is a part of the Tundra Line, it is built with the same high quality molded construction and heavy duty insulation to ensure extreme ice retention for protecting your contents from the heat or other dangers. Just like the larger Yeti Tundras, the Roadie 20 is even proven to be grizzly proof. This durable little personal cooler can be easily transported to work or to play; whatever you have planned for the day. Useful for fishing, camping, golfing, and canoeing; the Roadie 20 will fit nicely into a small space. It is important to note that the Yeti coolers are labeled differently than most coolers. For example, the Orca 20 has a capacity of 20 quarts. This is not the case with Yeti coolers.
The Roadie 20 is simply a model, not necessarily an indicator of exact capacity or size. That being said, the Yeti Roadie 20 is a 5.2 gallon cooler which is designed to hold 14 twelve ounce drinks or 20 pounds of ice. When compared with a Pelican cooler, Yeti offers similar sizes and features.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas; Yeti is manufactured both in the United States as well as in the Philippines. Pelican coolers are strictly produced in the United States. However, Pelican also has international offices and subsidiaries. When comparing similar prices and sizes, the Yeti tends to run a bit higher than most comparable brands including Pelican, but it is fairly easy to find Yeti coolers on sale. Let’s take a look at the special features of the Yeti Roadie 20.
Features of the Yeti Roadie 20 Personal Cooler
- Yeti’s roto-molded UV polyethylene construction creates an indestructible outer shield.
- The No-Sweat Design keeps the exterior of the Yeti nice and dry.
- A simple twist of the drain called Vortex Drain System makes draining a cinch.
- Keep your Yeti Roadie 20 in place with Bearfoot Non slip designed feet.
- Permafrost Insulation ensures a cold interior surpassed by none.
- Grizzly Proof; Certified by the IGBC
- Includes detailed instructions for maximizing ice retention
- Can hold up to 14 twelve ounce drink cans
- Can hold up to 20 pounds of ice
- Strong steel handle easy to grip and toss
- T Rex Lid latches are heavy duty latches made of rubber positioned not to protrude from the cooler, preventing them from breaking or falling off.
- Indestructible Hinges made of rustproof aluminum, using a rod and interlocking system to connect the body to the lid, thus making broken hinges a thing of the past.
- Coldlock sealing gasket assures a freezer quality gasket which runs the length of the entire lid, locking out heat and sealing in cold air.
Now made with the same quality materials and high standards of construction as the Tundra line of Yetis, the Yeti Roadie 20 could be the best choice for keeping your personal foods and drinks fresh and ice cold. Whether you are hauling your sturdy Yeti around in the bed of a pick-up truck down long bumpy country roads or carting it to your favorite fishing hole for hours of casting in the hot sun; the Yeti will hold up under pressure. And with a lifetime guarantee, this is sure to be the last personal cooler you will need to purchase.